avoCADo 08.03 preAlpha released!
avoCADo, the open source 3D CAD program for engineers and artists alike, has released its third preAlpha version for download.
Here is what's new in avoCADo 08.03:
- added revolve tool to the Build menu
- holes can now exist within a region
- arcs can be referenced now by unique ID
- sketches permitted on new faces after a build operation
- added feedback for selecting regions and 2D elements
- material selection (color only for now)
- lots of CSG debugging (still more is needed)
- updated graphics (startup, fonts, some icons)
avoCADo continues to push forward, albeit a bit slower than I would like. Feedback from the community has been a wonderful help over the past few months to find bugs and reflect on what is most important as the application grows. The next big step is to increase the number of developers to really get avoCADo off the ground. If you are interested in helping out, take a look at the "Get Involved" page of the avoCADo Wiki. There is a LOT to do!
- whollyguacamole @ 11:48pm EST, Mar. 01, 2008